Friday, October 9, 2015

Lunch With The Gang At The Good Son


I had lunch with Darrel , the former DU Bookstore Accounts Payable Manager and his wife Linda (on the right in the above photo), and Chris, the former DU Bookstore Accounts Payable Assistant and her husband Jim (on the left), at The Good Son, a restaurant that is in the same building as the Bookstore where I now work as the bookkeeper.  Chris picked out the restaurant, and did not realize that I worked in the same building, and so she was a bit worried that I might not find the place.  But I did.  As a matter of fact, we dined directly over the basement office where I work.  Darrel is now retired, and he and Linda are doing a lot of traveling these days, while Chris works 3 days a week at the University of Denver's Chemistry Department.  In other words, everyone seems to be living the good life except me.  What is wrong with this picture?  In any case, both the company and the food were good (Detroit style pizza, no less - who knew?).  Great to see all of you guys again!  And yes, I did find my way back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment