Thursday, October 22, 2015

The Cubs Lose And My Camera Fails - A Double Disaster...


I went with my friend Stuart to see the 4th game of the National League Championship Series between the Chicago Cubs and the New York Mets last night at the Old Chicago Restaurant in beautiful, exotic, Lakewood, Colorado.  Not only did the Cubs lose both the game 8 to 3 and the series 4 to nothing, but when I went to take a Blog photograph of Stuart, both my camera batteries were dead.  Talk about disasters.  I did try to take a photograph of Stuart with my cell phone, but found I could not upload it into my computer but only e-mail it, which I was unable to do.  That is why I had to resort to using the above photograph of Stuart taken at Hatch's Bookstore back in the 1980s, when he wore Groucho glasses on a regular basis.  Eventually he traded them in for a regular pair of glasses, to help improve his career prospects. Good move.  But yet again I digress.  The point is that the Cubs have lost the National League Championship Series, and the Curse of the Billy Goat lives on.  And as a former Chicago South Sider and current Chicago White Sox fan who is used to hopeless situations, I must remind everyone here and now that I strongly recommended not to bet the farm on the Cubs.  I hope to God you didn't, people.  I doubt even die hard Cubs fans did.  In their hearts they knew this was going to happen.  Tradition is tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment