Friday, October 16, 2015

If We Are No Longer Married, Is It Still An Anniversary?


I say yes - it is no longer "our" anniversary, but it still an anniversary.  Although we divorced in 1987, I still remember that long ago day on October 16th, 1982 when Lisa and I were married at the First United Methodist Church in Golden, Colorado.  Since Lisa and her parents were Catholic, we had both the Pastor of First United (where Lisa was the choir director) and Father Bob, a friend and Catholic priest at St. Thomas Seminary (just down the road from where I live here in Denver), perform the ceremonies.  The photograph above was taken via a tripod and timer at the Maroon Bells, just outside of Aspen, Colorado, while we were on our honeymoon.  What can I say?  Those were happy days which eventually turned sour. I am now older and wiser.  Okay - make that a lot older and just a little bit wiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment