Monday, October 26, 2015

DU Gets Another Tower


The University of Denver, my Alma mater and my employer for 30 years, until they outsourced the DU Bookstore, is getting still another new tower, which I can see from the front window of my condo, along with the towers on the Ritchie Center and the Law School.  This new tower is part of the expansion of the Korbel School of International Studies building, one of the university's most popular departments.  There is also a new science building under construction across the street from Korbel, which will probably have a tower too.  I am not sure why DU is putting a tower on every single new building on campus.  In Italy, back in medieval times, they would build buildings with towers so that the family would have a place to seek refuge when the town was attacked.  Perhaps DU is worried that it might be stormed by hordes of angry, laid off ex-employees.  Just a thought. And I am still not bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment