Friday, October 2, 2015

Oktoberfest In Denver - Missed It Again!


Once again I have missed Denver's annual Oktoberfest celebration.  I was planning on visiting the festival after attending the baseball game last Sunday at Coors Field, just a few blocks away, but because the game lasted longer than expected, by the time I got there it was over. Fortunately, the banners were still up, and there were still a few people walking around, and so I was able to take the above photograph.  And just to lend a bit more atmosphere to the scene, I "photo-shopped" into the photograph the couple wearing the Bavarian peasant costumes.  I had originally taken their photograph as they were going into the Great American Beer Festival Friday night, but I think they look much more at home in this photo instead.  But what I really want to know is why Oktoberfest takes place in September?  Here in Denver it was held the last two weekends in September, and even in Munich it starts September 19th and ends October 4th. Must be some sort of German thing.  But because of that, I missed competing in Denver's world renowned "stein-hoisting" competition.  And I truly think I coulda been a contender in that contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment