Friday, October 7, 2016

A Near Miss



I spent last night watching WPTV TV in West Palm Beach (via the internet, of course), tracking the course of Hurricane Matthew.  Matthew came very close to Stuart, Florida, where the condo my sister Susan and I inherited from my mother is located, but through some sort of miracle it stayed out at sea.  I still have to find out if there was any minor damage from the tropical force winds, but fortunately Matthew was not the disaster that was predicted.  The photograph above, by the way, is of my mother Mary and father Nelson posing in front of the condo (it is the end unit on the first floor) shortly after they moved to Stuart in 1976. They both loved it in Stuart and spent their happiest years there.  After my father passed away in 1983, my mother continued to live there, and it remained her home for 30 years.  Lots of happy memories there, and hopefully still in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment