Sunday, October 16, 2016

Is It Still An Anniversary?


If we hadn't gotten divorced back in 1987 (or was it 1988?), today would have been my ex-wife Lisa and my 34th wedding anniversary.  Not only a long time to be married, but also a long time to be divorced.  We got married at a church in Golden, Colorado by both a protestant minister and a catholic priest (Father Bob, who was quite the character, I might add).  The church was where Lisa was the choir director, and the priest was a family friend.  We thought we had all the bases covered, but evidently not.  In any case, the above photograph was taken courtesy of a tripod up in Golden Gate Canyon State Park, just to the west of Golden, where we had gone to write our wedding vows.  I had never been there before, and for no particular reason, I have never been there since.  Just call me a sentimental fool.  Or even a fool, if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment