Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Talk About Close Encounters...


It was such a pleasant fall day (sunny and 85 degrees, no less) that I went to the Denver Zoo Sunday afternoon, taking a few photographs and just enjoying the day.  Eventually, I took the photograph above of a mother and child having a very close encounter with one of the giraffes.  However, when I first arrived, the giraffes did not to seem to want to have any encounters whatsoever, and I began to hear complaints from zoo guests about having paid $5.00 on giraffe food for nothing.  And the giraffe food, by the way, seems to be pieces of grass.  No wonder the giraffes aren't all that interested in strolling over for a taste.  I say give them something a bit more appetizing, such as chocolate.  In any case, finally one of the giraffes - obviously feeling sorry for all the disappointed children - came over and visited, munching on each one's grass blades one by one. What a trooper!

No comments:

Post a Comment