Friday, October 28, 2016

Biking In Denver In The Fall


It has been a long time between bicycle rides, and each time I finally get out there I wonder why I don't do it more often.  Last Sunday afternoon I rode from my condo in south central Denver to downtown, and from there up Market Street to the ballpark neighborhood, so named because it is directly north of Coor's Field.  It was a factory district for a long time, but now it is filling up with trendy apartment buildings, brewpubs, and restaurants.  It is very popular with the hipsters, but I must say you are hard pressed to find a tree in that neighborhood.  Plus, there are still  a significant number of warehouses and businesses around.  I much prefer my own neighborhood near the University of Denver.  It is still only 5 miles away from downtown, but is an old and established area.  Plus, on the way home from my bike rides, I get to go through Washington Park, which is always a treat and can be seen in the photograph above.  What could be nicer?

No comments:

Post a Comment