Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Hall of Fame Quarterback Steve Young Makes An Appearance




Hall of Fame Quarterback Steve Young appeared at the local Denver bookstore where I work for a book-signing for his new book QB: My Life Behind the Spiral. yesterday afternoon. I was thinking that he would be appearing in the evening, and that I would miss getting his photograph, but it turns out he did the book-signing at noon.  Always a good idea to read your e-mails all the way through - another lesson learned.  In any case, Young seems to be a pretty nice guy.  He let each person in line pose for a photograph with him, and took time to talk with each fan.




After taking the photograph on the right, I heated up my lunch in the store's microwave and brought it outside to a table near the door.  A short while later Steve Young walked out of the store with the publisher rep, met a family fried and her young son, and took a bunch of photographs with them, too.  Like I said, a really nice guy.  When he first walked out of the store, I overheard him commenting on how nice the weather was here in Denver.  Of course, Young played football for the San Francisco 49ers at Candlestick Park for most of his career.  And as Mark Twain once put it, "the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."  Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment