Sunday, October 23, 2016

Cubs Win! Cubs Win! Cubs Win!


My friend Mark invited me over to his home to watch the Chicago Cubs play Game 5 of the National League Championship Series against the Los Angeles Dodgers Saturday night.  And the Cubs actually won, and now move on to the World Series for the 1st time since 1945.  Holy Cow!  The Cubs will meet the Cleveland Indians for the 1st game of the World Series this coming Tuesday night. And even though I am from the South Side of Chicago and a Chicago White Sox fan, I am very happy for the Cubs and their North Side fans.  In celebration of this historic occasion, I took a photograph of Mark next to the television as we watched the game, with a photograph of long time Chicago Cubs (and Chicago White Sox too, I might add) announcer Harry Caray looking down at the Cubs winning that historic victory.  Of course, this photograph is not really on the wall of Mark's house.  But it damn well should be.  Go Cubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment