Monday, October 17, 2016

Fall In Denver

The weather was truly pleasant this past weekend in Denver. The trees are in full color now, but the temperatures are still in the 80s.  Saturday I walked from the bookstore where I work to Union Station in Lower Downtown, past bars and restaurants filled with people enjoying the day on the outdoor patios, and past old Victorian homes and row houses like the one in the photograph on the left.  It was such a nice day that I decided to take the light rail train from Union Station to Golden, and continue my walk there.  I took the train to the Jefferson County Government Center (known locally as the Taj Mahal for it's luxurious appointments), fully expecting a bus was available to take you to downtown Golden.  No such luck.  It appears the end of the line is designed for people with cars, not public transit users.  A major omission by the Regional Transportation District.  Write to your congressman about it now. I was told that I could take the train back a few stops and then catch a bus that goes down West Colfax, but alas it was getting dark and I decided to call it a day.



Sunday was also a beautiful day, and I spent the afternoon at the Denver Zoo.  The trees at the zoo are also changing color, as can be seen in the photograph on the right of the zoo train making its final round of the afternoon.  And what is happening at the Denver Zoo these days?  Despite Simon and Garfunkel 's song saying that it is all happening at the zoo, that didn't seem to be the case Sunday.  Unless you count dodging the thousands of baby strollers and wagons that seem to be coming at you from all directions.  Not that I am complaining. I am fully insured, after all, and I can always call injury lawyer Frank Azar - The Strong Arm - to sue the little darlings. Just kidding.  Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment