Monday, October 24, 2016

Zombies Zombies Everywhere, And Not A Place To Hide



I took the light rail train down to Denver's 16th Street Mall this past Saturday afternoon to check out the annual Zombie Crawl.  It is the day when Denver's sizable zombie population is allowed to freely roam the mall and "do their thing."  On the train downtown a number of my fellow passengers were zombies, including a very excited 2 year old zombie being taken to the 16th Street Mall by his mother and grandmother to mix with his own kind.  When I got off the train, I was suddenly surrounded by these creatures.  There were hundreds, maybe thousands of them, parading around.  It makes you realize just how serious Denver's Zombie problem really is.







I must say many of the zombies do not seem like a happy lot.  Many of them turned and growled in my face as I walked down the mall.  Probably just letting off steam, since the rest of the year they are forced to cover up and hide their zombieness.  I suspect that's why you see so many people in Denver wearing hoodies and sunglasses - regular people get unnerved seeing seeing zombies out on the street.  In fact, a lot of my fellow passengers on the light rail train were giving the zombie passengers strange looks.  They were probably unaware that this was the zombies's special day.


And I suspect that many of people parading down the mall were not true zombies, but simply Denverites who just love dressing up in costume.  I have mentioned before that people in Denver just go crazy at Halloween, often wearing elaborate and expensive costumes.  Not only do people here wear costumes and attend parties all Halloween weekend, but the entire month of October.  Personally, I blame all the Californians who have moved here  in recent years.  They buy older homes all over town, including my neighborhood, tear the place down, and then put up McMansions.  I suspect they wander the rooms of these huge places wearing zombie and Halloween costumes all year round.  It is like having an Adams's Family on every block.  A truly scary thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment