Tuesday, October 4, 2016

After The Crash


I just finished reading After The Crash, a murder mystery by French writer Michel Bussi, and enjoyed it thoroughly.  The story takes place in France, and tells what happens when a 3 month old baby is the only survivor of a plane crash, but it cannot be determined which of two families it belongs to.  The story has lots of local color and an exciting, surprise ending.  The book was an advance reading copy that I picked up at the Denver bookstore where I work.  It has already been released, so you can pick up a copy at your local bookstore today.  In fact, I was thinking that it probably wasn't out yet, but when I looked, I saw it was released this past January.  Which tells me I am picking up way to many of these "ARCs."  I now have huge stacks of them in my den. It reminds me of my father, who would go to the library each week and return with a huge stack of books, which he would put in a pile next to his chair and then go through them, one by one. He would also open a box of Fannie May candies and put them in a circle on the smoking stand by his chair, going through them one by one, too. Am I turning into my father?  Of course not - we don't have Fannie May candies in Denver.

No comments:

Post a Comment