Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Lewis Man


I recently finished reading The Lewis Man, and have just started The Chess Men, the second and third books in Peter May's Outer Hebrides trilogy, which I believe are just as good as the first book, The Black House.  All of the stories involve the investigation of a murder by (now former) police detective Fin Macleod, and the solution in each case involves a horrific incident from the past. The stories are very absorbing, but also show the hardships that the residents of the Isle of Lewis, the largest of Scotland's Outer Hebrides, have to constantly endure.  It appears to be a beautiful, but very unforgiving landscape.  And I am not too sure I want to put visiting there on my bucket list.  Even the author of the series, Peter May, lives not on the Isle of Lewis, where the stories are set, but in France.  Not hard to figure out why.

No comments:

Post a Comment