Saturday, October 8, 2016

Further Thoughts On DU


I got home to my condo, across the street from the University of Denver's Ritchie Center (seen in the above photo), last night and the carillon - a rather fancy name for the bells, I think - was playing the theme song from The Exorcist.  What this means, I have no idea, but this is the organization which outsourced the DU Bookstore, where I worked for 30 years, and laid off all the employees without offering them alternative employment.  Recently, the new chancellor proposed tearing down my condo building and moving the light rail station to the corner my building now sits on.  I found out that this is not technically feasible, since the station where trains stop cannot be on an incline.  However, in the fall issue of University of Denver Magazine (I get it because I am also an alumni), there is an article still proposing that idea.  "We're DU - the laws of physics don't apply to us" seems to be the message here.  Lucky thing I am not a bitter person, just quietly amused.  And I now think I know why they were playing the theme song from The Exorcist.

No comments:

Post a Comment