Thursday, October 27, 2016

The Poor Will Always Be With Us...


I am paraphrasing a biblical quotation here, and it is one that can't be disputed.  The poor have always been with us, and it appears that will always be the case.  When you see the poor and handicapped walking down the street, it reminds you just how lucky you are, and how small your troubles are compared to so many others in this world.  Denver seems to be especially hard hit by homelessness - there are panhandlers holding up cardboard signs on every street corner, homeless camps all along the Cherry Creek Parkway (the road leading into downtown), and many people (both men and women) sleeping in the parks every night.  If I was homeless, I would be heading to a warmer climate by now, and so who knows why there are so many homeless here.  Perhaps it is the same all over the country. And what is the solution to all this?  I wish I knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment